Monday, January 22, 2007

Chemistry & the Importance of Distilling Excitement

Chemistry. A conversation arose roughly6 days ago with a person who held chemistry in a high esteem. She found the constant instability of human interaction to be the only determining variable in relationships. Some personalities instantly bond generating compounds greater than the two individual elements. Other personalities mix incoherently thus resulting in the nuclear explosion that is tension & dislike. So perhaps the great observers such as painters & poets; sociologists and philosophers, lovers and hermits are just in the end all chemists in their own right.

Without a doubt I one of the chemists mentioned above. A chemist can become excited over a new formula or better yet when an element is introduced to another unknown element. Recently I came into contact with another chemist that for the first time introduced elements to me that I had heard of, imagined, but never touched or felt myself. She was unimaginable yet so familiar. The type of girl who at times seemed to surpass me in the study of chemistry itself. Alone she calculated my steps in the formula of my life and gave me grand insight on how my chemical inbalances wiegh eachother out.

Needless to say I was excited at the chemistry experiment we mutually partook in. At times the conversation between the two of us was volatile while simaltaneously calm to the point of relaxation. My excitement was dominating from the second I saw that she was calling to the online messages I recieved days later. Values & behavior we hold so dearly are displayed and excitement plays the catalyst in us wanting to examine it more. When we can not examine when we dearly desire to, we become desperate & impulsive. Excitement can distort true intentions and cause many a people such as myself to do things out of character.

Chemistry like any science is an art of waiting. Patience. Whether another set of elements are introduced by the chemist from Kent or if the formula created by the two of us has reached its terminal I have learned that distilling one's excitement, perhaps only partially is how chemists are able to prolong thier bonds in the great study that is living life.

No comments: