Saturday, September 17, 2005

Lullaby

One of the carnal suggestions that I heard before and during my entry into the military was "do not volunteer for anything." Well I volunteered to stay behind and "help the community" when all I really did was move furniture, pick up trash and rake leafes and never leave the friggin base. I apologize for my poor attitude but I have found out that the USAF has shipped all of the people who were in training with me for my career feild to their first duty stations. If I had not volunteered I would not still be on Keesler AFB not able to leave the gates, I would be a permanent party Airmen not a student, I would be doing my job hands on training and not run the risk of failing a test and getting kicked out of my career feild and I would be in Sacremento California. Run on Sentence!!!! But I volunteered and stayed cuase thats what I do, and I would not change that fact @ all. I am here so be it. I am fortunate to have stayed.

One of my favorite people in the entire world called me today, Britt Delaney who I met on my life changing trip to Great Britian. She is easily one of the sweetest people period as well as quite the looker. We chatted for a while and just caught up on some of the small stuff that supports all the big stuff. Just being able to hear someone's voice that is instantly recognizable even though u have not heard it for so long is like a lullaby that was sang to you as a child resung to you as an adult. It delivers the same feelings and activates the same instincts as when it serenaded you earlier in your life. Britt has one of those voices. I associate her and the times we had with the period in my life so far. To be able to have her call me and talk to her allowed me to breathe for the first time in 3 weeks. She was what I needed since my peers and I are starting school on Monday and we all needed a breather.

No comments: