Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Want You

Back in time
I was walking on a street
Old New York in its' esteem
-is prospering beneath my feet
the mass carries me like a stream
Rapids of concrete

To my left-
was the tower of the empire state
Not quite finished yet
Lacked sweat and slate
but the scaffolds were set
I knew the height would give escape

From the height
I knew what had not yet grew
the pot was starting to melt
the pressure brought it through
for the first time I felt-
I want you

Back in time
I was seated in a row
the Globe theater was in sorrow
Another of William's tragic shows
Would give lovers rules to follow
but no one yet knows

Out in front
I'm impressed with the stage
the Language is tragic
even with the war the actors wage
I can't help but feel the magic
- of the theater's masquerade

In the finale
the future became true
the applause begun
As the lovers said adieu
I realized where I'd come
I want you

Back in time
I was walking the Appian way
Well into the glory of Rome
They were celebrating a holiday
that would never be set in stone
but the games were still played

All 'round me
I was a witness to the empire
that defined the time
When one could control the fire
With politics and wine
If one so desired

In my heart
I felt the roman view
An ancient land in law
on the roads that lead me to-
where I saw - that -
I want you

This is for Audrey...aren't you all jealous?

No comments: