Monday, February 06, 2006

Attachments & Constrictions

Life is made up of attachments. Attachments to breathing, attachments to people, art, sex, food, movement et cetera. Constrictions make up the other half of life. Constrictions whether they be work, law of the land, physical duress, emotions, the little voice inside aka conscience. Throughout our lives there is a constant form of checks and balances existing between these two drives.

I myself have begun, for one of the first times in my life to discover how attachments and constrictions conflict with one another. For example I am in California - the rest of my friends and family are living in Maine - attachments and constrictions. I desperately want a piece of cake in the dining facility - the attachment - however I am reminded of how I want to lose weight and get into a serious shape - the constriction. Sometimes I get attached to women who are nice to me even - just because - my intellect tells me because girls were so mean to me growing up that it is in my emotional engineering to become attached to any girl that might give me a chance. Not saying that my feelings for the person in my life right now is simply because she gave me chance, hell no...my question being to all: when can we agree with the constrictions we set for ourselves concerning the attachments in our lives? Can there still be contentment or is there always rivalry?

Forgive the Vagueness

No comments: