Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My Momma Came & Visited Me


She's my bestfriend.


Life has been exhausting. Totally exhausting. I have a little bit before my Honor Guard detail for a post so I guess I have to hurry along.

There has not been a free day since before Memorial day. We had atleast 2 details in honor guard every day and if we only had 1 than the detail was a marathon of a drive away. Driving 200+ miles every day for about 1 week straight tires you out real quick. House sitting isn't that bad, its when there are two dogs that shit on the floor when you try to be nice to them and you have to pick it up that it sucks. My hatred & lack of patience for animals has been seriously augmented after watching two dogs for 10 days. Plus not sleeping in your own bed and being away from all of your stuff just offsets your routine you know?

My Mom came and visited me though and that was awesome!!! My brother bugs me, he is way too materialistic and snotty for my liking. My Mom and I had an awesome time though. We went to old Sacramento, the Beale AFB Air Show and Lake Tahoe. Being able to have her see the life I have made for myself out here, on my own. It makes me proud to know that she is proud of me. When we parted ways on Tuesday night my eyes only watered up a little bit when I was driving off. She said that her eyes only watered up a little bit too.

It was Audrey & Sophie's birthday on Tuesday. I sent Sophie the Barenaked Ladies album 'Rock Spectacle' and Audrey Huey Lewis & the News' Greatest Hits. Hopefully they like the albums, each gift somewhat reminded me of each birthday girl. For the record I am totally in love with Audrey Schwinn especially when she blushes.

Isn't it nice knowing that you aren't turning out half bad?

No comments: