Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas was Away from Home

It was sunny and about 72 on christmas eve. It had rained like nothing I had ever seen before for the four days leading up to christmas so it was nice to have some sun.

OK!!! so I was fully content with going to church on christmas eve. Bri and Patrick are both catholic so they wanted to go to midnight mass which I was all for. So we find a St. Joseph's and we go to the midnight mass. We sit down and nothing to my surprise the congregation was lookin' pretty hispanic. I think to myself 'we are in catholic church in california, so of course there will be alot of mexican people.' However it was much to our own surpise that the midnight mass was entirely in spanish. We forgot to ask if the service was in latin, english or spanish. We totally went through an entire service just listening to this priest speak in Spanish, it was kind of nice to listen to him talk though. I blame myself partially because there are church in Lewiston and Auburn that still do thier services in French so me being in California there was going to be a good chance that the services here might be in Spanish.

After our hispanic jesus worship we went to Denny's where Bri, the texan that she is introduced me to country fried steak. It was seriously good shit. I was like "wow" and for those of you who know me well enough, you can so imagine me saying that.

Christmas day was really rainy and windy. Somewhat depressing. My first christmas away from home but I managed. I was awoken by a bunch of people calling me to wish me a merry christmas thus I called a bunch more people to wish them a merry christmas as well. I spent the afternoon and evening with my friend David Hinojos and his wife, two children and another couple Grant and Jennifer. We had a wonderful time, had an awesome roast beef dinner with all the trimmings and such. After dinner we played this Karoake game on playstation which needless to say I was not the best at. But I dont think the game new how to judge because I new about every word to every song on the hits list and I was belting my heart out. Oh well I am not letting it get me down.

Then I was able to talk to Audrey and Sophie and luckily they got cell phones so I will be able to talk to them for free now. Because I was talking to Audrey for long periods of time and I can imagine that it will be racking up my phone bill. I am in California and she is in Maine, she is one of the most important people in my life right now and easily my favorite. I gotta be able to talk to my girl. Yeah, yeah, yeah I am such a nerdy bastard.

Christmas away from home ended up being not too bad though. There was some parts where I wish I was home and other times when it was reaffirmed to me that I dont want to be anywheres else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maxx,
Glad to hear that your Christmas went well. Also, did you know that they serve chicken fried steak at the Denny's in Auburn????
As an English major, my only complaint with your blog is.... punctuation!!!!!!!
Take care :)
Karen

Anonymous said...

and spelling.....

Anonymous said...

Lest I appear to be overly critical, I would also point out that you have EXCELLENT voice when you write, Maxx.
A good friend of mine is a professor at USC, and is also a blogger. You might be interested in checking out her wonderfully written blog: http://brain-vomit.blogspot.com/
I promise you will find it quite entertaining :)
- Karen

Anonymous said...

cell phones
ha!
i laugh