Saturday, December 03, 2005

Content with the Return/Anxious for the Escape

Having dinner at my father's house this evening has been very nice. Like all other family and friends that are like family one forgets how awesome it is just to sit and visit with a familiar face.

My flight leaves Monday 05Dec @ 0530 from Portland. My mother is bringing me. Hopefully I dont get teary like I did when I left her in Texas. She and I have talked about alot of things since I have been home - she understands that her baby is "all grown up" now. I percieve my father as being very happy for me. At first I think he was unsure about my choice in the military but now he is proud to have his son in the position that I am in.

Coming home, there is just nothing like Auburn Maine. People ask me, inquiring about what it is like to live in Maine, let alone Auburn. I simply say "there is really nothing like it." After living in the south in a working class community similiar to that of Auburn I understand how it is special. Things are growing and I imagine that by the next time I return to these streets it will be this semi-metropolitan area. I look forward to such a return but am anxious for the initial escape.

My father is cooking dinner so I must go. More blogs will be posted that arent as generalized as the past few have been. Everyone just think...Monday afternoon I am into the west.

No comments: