Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Let's Get it....Off

I am currently in pain but I am holding in there. Most of you who know me know I am ridiculously hairy and well...its gone. To witness Op. Wax Maxx just click on the link.

Random shout out to Karen Lewis - hope you are enjoying yourself at work today!!! Thanx for the talk.

Work has been going really really well. It feels like I am earning my place on the team. Finally I am starting to pull my own weight when it comes to the workload since the workings & routines of the shop are more apparent to me. Life is good out here.

My friend Josh Yennie finally came back from Keesler AFB MS. I had not seen him since they moved him and the others out immediately following Katrina. During tech school we talked about how we were going to take Beale AFB & northern California for that matter by storm. Now that he is here we can finally get crackin'.

Last night was nostalgic yet defining since I went for a run in the moonlight. A 12 hour shift had already been worked and I was headed for the gym where an elliptical machine was waiting but when my sights gazed above to see the quarter moon and all the stars...There was a decision that was made without my own intervention...there was a run that had to be had. So my feet hit the pavement at 8:15ish & didn't stop until 'round 9:20ish. There were periods when the only source of light that kept me on the trail was emitting from the moon. It had rained earlier in the afternoon so there were puddles but I gave them no regard. All my ears could hear were crickets and the water draining out of the streets. My ears heard waterfalls but the light of the moon wouldn't show them to me. Lastnight was definitely a spiritual experience.

Finally, I splurged and purchased Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On album. Although I own it on vinyl it is still something that jumped out at me at Best Buy. (Plus it was only $9.99) The album is a masterpiece. A lot of soul and R&B music of the present and the past have been all about how the singer loves the muse of the song because of sexual attraction, personality characteristics and so on. Whereas on the Let's Get it On album Marvin demonstrates two intertwined messages; 1) Sex does not have to be riskay and improper, it can be mature and serious. 2) Sex is not lust and can have a foundation of love. It is here that sex can augment the relationship between two people and that is what we are all looking for or so I hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maxx,
I see no link- and I want to see a link!! It was nice talking with you, too :)
my blog: www.itsallinmyhead1013.blogspot.com
Later-
K