Tuesday, March 28, 2006

17 Days

17 Days until Audrey is in my arms and as my father would say "That is a beautiful thing." I am currently in miser mode conserving all of my funds so as to have a very full vacation when I am home. It will just be wonderful, there is no way it can't be amazing.

A lot has happened since my last actual post. My friend Douglas Byrd whose picture is in the previous post was suckerpunched by some Yuba City dumbass breaking his jaw in two places. This guy came out of nowheres to take out Byrd's friend and punched Byrd too. The guy was just trying to prove himself for a girl. Thats what I got the impression of from other people who were there who saw it all. Byrd is gonna have his jaw wired for at least a month and probably have bolts put in. Vance Stokes, the Gullivers and I are going to visit him today after his surgery. Hopefully everything goes okay.

I got Airmen of the Quarter for my squadron my first quarter being there. This I am totally ecstatic about, although it was my friend Lapso who did the package for me so I owe a lot to him. When I read the email saying that I got the award my first thought was "All the TIs at basic who said I would never amount to anything."

In the next 17 days I have honor guard to join, CDCs to study, mountains to ski, roads to run, cows to outrun(scary story, ask me about), computers to network, friends to make, and of course, a special lady to see...In 17 DAYS!!!!!!!

P.S. I wish people would leave more comments. That way I know people actually read this thing and don't just have me bookmarked on their Internet Explorer to make me feel good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 days now! (Mo and I are being delinquent during biology today, and the school hasn't blocked this site yet) acctually more like 15 days and 15 hours! yay!

Anonymous said...

Dude! Airman of the Qtr!?! You freaking rock dude. Congrats on that one. So they are letting you join HG while you are doing CDCs? thats sweet. If your HG is anything like it is here you are really going to enjoy it (well, once you get out of the training phase that is) It sucks your TDY got cancelled I was looking forward to chillin with ya man. Anyways you keep kicking ass and I will talk with you later.

Anonymous said...

Hey Maxx,
Congratulations on your award. Can't wait to see you. I spoke with Tiffany and she hopes to be able to see you, also.
Too bad for your friend- that sucks.
Love your blog! (you better leave some comments on mine, too- www.headspin33.blogspot.com
~ Karen