Monday, July 17, 2006

One Posh TDY

Reasons for this TDY being ridiculously awesome:

1. The first day of class we were released at 1300 since more than half the class had jet lag.
2. Rob Gulliver and I are driving around a brand new Ford Mustang
3. We got a $10 lawn ticket to see Huey Lewis & the News + Chicago. (Plus w/ the $10 ticket came a free Hardees' 1/3lb burger) So $10 bucks for a great show + a burger which usually costs 3.50!!
4. Nice weather
5. We are in Virginia Beach
6. I am getting a sweet Per Diem rate.
7. I sewed on A1C (Airman First Class aka 2 stripes on my arm)

Huey Lewis & the News are awesome live!!! They definitely jam out but not to the point where it is a self indulgent rock ego solo, they keep the crowd on their feet the whole time. Huey Lewis still sounds like he did in the 80s and the News was right on cue the whole night. Chicago came on and they sounded real good too, if I new more Chicago songs I would have enjoyed them more but with a career spanning as long as theirs, you would have to be a hardcore fan to know all of the songs in their repetoire.

Exercising is going well, I am feeling good about myself.

I have been in the Air Force for 15 months - hence the A1C. It has been a long time coming because now not only might I actually outrank someone but I will get more respect among upperranking individuals. The solo stripe of an airman yells "I'm new" but the 2 stripes of an Airman First Class usher in responsibilities as well as subtly saying "I know how things work around here." However when people look at my two stripes I hope to demonstrate to them that "I certainly don't know everything about how things work around here but I am on my way."

No comments: