Friday, July 14, 2006

Scatter Brained in Virginia

Yes it has been a while since my last post. However after a recent conversation with a special person I was reminded that people still read my blog.

Virginia is nice, so far my Temporary Duty Yonder is working out pretty damn well. Langley AFB located in Norfolk is a sweet locale. A hell of a lot of traffic all the time but other than that there is everything that one would want to do. I am glad that Rob Gulliver is with me, there is really no one else that I would want to go TDY with other than him. He neither dishes out bullshit or puts up with it and that is admirable.

I got to see my buddy Brad Price formerly of the 338 TRS in Keesler AFB Mississippi now stationed at Langley AFB. It was nice to see him especially since I had not really seen him since Nov. 22 of last year. He looks good. It just goes to show how a regimented, secluded training environment like Keesler can really affect a person. Whereas an environment of freedom and respect & in Brad's case a better availability of beer can allow for a person to spread their wings and take off as he has.

Although it is hard not to notice but I am fat, weighing in at a plumb of 184lbs, which I am thoroughly upset about. It is called nightshift and late night snacks and it sux. My plan is to mutate into a gym rat.

One thing I am thankful in my life for is understanding people, specifically the understanding women. You know who you are. To have the ability to know where someone close to you is coming from when the two of you are so geographically separated...is amazing. Sometimes I wonder why some people put up with my antics but I have been taught to not question a good thing.

No comments: