Sunday, July 23, 2006

Our Nation's Capitol

Rob Gulliver and I did a number on the streets of Washington D.C. Totally painted the town red. We hit all of the monuments plus the Smithsonian museums of American History and Air & Space. The american history museum had a bunch of really cool old cars that were really fun to look at. Air and space had alot of old planes which was nice. Being in the air force I am aware of cutting edge air and space technology and to see how far we have come was really something.

Alot of stuff happened during the day too - like getting locked out of the parking garage and then getting locked into the same parking garage and then almost running out of gas inside the locked parking garage. Yes it was a long ordeal and you should call me to hear the whole story.



RockYou slideshow |



One thing is for sure though. After seeing our nations capitol I understand why I work the twelve hour shifts, sacrafice relationships with friends and lovers, distance, beat myself everytime I exercise to go faster and lift more. I have told this to some but when I run my long runs I don't think of finishing the run, I think of how I am running for my grandmother, mother, the schwinn twins, the daycare kids, Dad and everyone else. That is what gets me through. After seeing a veteran look at a man's grave at Arlington that he knew I know have one more person to run for.

No comments: