Thursday, April 27, 2006

Roots

Lake Auburn, this picture definitely doesn't do it justice
Typical Sophie Schwinn smile; bold & dazzling
I look at this picture & it reminds me why I crossed the continent!
To me this house has alot of character
Chestnut Feild, the house is up in the back.
A doctor wouldn't diagnose me with straight homesickness but more with roots digestion. Yeah that is really cryptic and doesn't make much sense but it will if you let me explain it to you.

After going home as I did and seeing what was there in exemplum Audrey, Mom, Dad, people, peeps, Easter bunnies, 58 Winter St, the Old Port, Tabers et cetera I now have a greater sense of what home is. A connection has been made. Before the visit home to the 04210 zip code, Beale AFB was the only home my mind could come to. The two locations are so different that I could not make any sort of comparison or connection. However now that I have revisited my roots it is hard to come to terms with the fact that Auburn ME & Beale AFB CA can coexist in the same reality. I am happy to be back & sad to leave but it is how life needs to be since it is how life is.

I miss Audrey when it comes down to it though. It seems that my relationship with the Schwinn twins (Audrey & Sophie) is one where issues can not be resolved until after I have exited the same region of the country they are in. When I ventured west to Beale in December it was not until I was out here that Audrey and I were able to figure out our feelings for each other. Then Sophie and I had not spoken much with each other as much as I would have liked to and then when I returned east we worked things out a little bit but we didn't come full circle until she called me lastnight when I came back here. Those girls...sending me back forth.

P.S. If you knew how awesome the two of them are you would most definitely travel transcontinental numerous times just to have a cool conversation with them. Now those are some Roots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time at home. I'm only sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up. Call sometime?

-Maria

Anonymous said...

i just nearly cried.
...again.
-Sophie

Kc said...

yeah well i didnt write here at the time.. but i have started up again.. ill try to check it all the time so you can write here.. i also have myspace as well..

im so glad you found your roots, i found mine once but lost them again if that makes since, being in the military doesnt help, always moving around, in the past two years i have lived in 7 diffrent places, but now i will be planted for 7 more months then onto Colorado springs.. let it snow...lol
i went to my old home town today it was quite an adventure, trying to remember all the back roads, who lives where, stuff like that.. I saw some old friends which was really good, and I passed my old house that I used to live in, I cried but hey it helps.. anyways im so glad things are working out with miss maine.. seeing you happy is really good
I miss you like crazy maxx..
talk to you soon i hope
love ya kiddo

Kate

Anonymous said...

May I be your proof reader?
:)
~ Karen