Monday, April 24, 2006

So I Didn't Lose My Luggage but I Did Find Some Love that I Knew was There

I knew I loved her before I went to her. There had been times that it had almost slipped out over the phone but I held it back like a good Jockey restrains it's horse that thirsts to run wild and natural. My mother was a jockey in her younger days and she instilled in me the concept of timing. Timing can be crucial to every great story; if the plot's turning point is too sudden than the story will seem heartless whereas if the turning point is long coming the story seems more drawn out. In the Kentucky Derby-isk race that is love & life it is a definitive fact that I held back my mustang until the pivotal moment of execution and when I did allow it to burst forth, it's confession of love was of course honest but most importantly natural. In the race that is love & life there can be no hesitation nor pressure. For if hesitation exists or there is unnatural pressure to advance than one will in fact fall behind allowing the spoils to go to another victor. There existed no unnatural pressure, no hesitation in my voice and no wavering in the tone of my face.

The overhanging New England stars, covered by the threshold of her garage with the gleam off of the lake in our eyes I proclaimed my love for her and what'd ya know- she loves me too!

P.S. My time with her has been the water shed off my life up to this point. Call me if you want more details.

P.S.S. I didn't lose my luggage I just thought that it was cool in the airport and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beer and the Red Sox... does it get any better than that?
~ Karen