Monday, December 29, 2008

Belated Christmas Explanation

Christmas was good. A dear friend who I had not spoken with called me and invited me to her house for christmas eve. It was very nice, her family are of people who can easily take someone in and make them feel a valued part of the clan. Christmas day was a low key ordeal for the most part. I had a wonderful conversation with my mom. Although we talk almost everyday if not every other day, christmas day afforded us the time to catch up with one another. Later on in the day I went with Darwin to his sister in law's house where it was a mexican cuisine for christmas dinner which was different than the norm but awesome nonetheless! Home made tortilla chips are awesome.

Closing: Christmas Eve church service was especially well done. I was not with my family this christmas. There were a few times when I got the blues, seeing everybody with their families and not having my Mom around. However, it brought me to look to God and His son Jesus Christ for kinship. There were times during this christmas season when I was praying or just thinking about God that I felt the same way as I would have if my mother was right next to me. In short, fulfillment.

No comments: